Sunday, 9 September 2012

A beautiful day

After a pretty tough week of working hard and nearly forgetting that this is not all life is about (I wass getting a little narked to be honest); today made up for it in so many ways! A short but sweet note, as is past my bed time(although the wedding downstairs is a possibly viable excuse with the loud fabulous Khemer Karaoke band- I will explain)..

First great thing is I had a proper day off; a day out and was awestruck to remember I am in an amazing country- visited a local lake with a couple of temples- one was especially beautiful and old- really special. And then the lake whereby locals have a special day together with family- it was so nice to be surrounded by that in the lovely company of Lily- whom seemed appropriate in already by the fact that she was named as the incredible field of Lilies we passed on the way!

Then I had lovely food with a brilliant woman whom is co-running an amazing meditation group- I am so excited and happy to have discovered this- as seemed a bit tricky to find meditation groups accessible to me (being that I am not a male Khmer Monk wearing Saffron) and I love meditating at the Wat, although there lacked real feedback although I will definitely keep returning as a space to meditate in addition to my cusion at home. And she was lovely and have found out they will run retreats and so forth and is also run by a Western Nun so am so pleased to have discovered an outlet to continue my spiritual practice.

And then to top off an already beautiful day-I come home to discover that my front door is in the middle of a Khmer street wedding!! HOW BEAUTIFUL IS THAT!!

See atttached pictures lovely readers and may life bless such beauty upon you all!

PS Apologies. Attempted to add pics seems another tech problem so will reattempt soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment